Karnataka CM meets meets Gadkari
New Delhi: In the wake of sulking BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa`s pro-Congress comments, Karnataka Chief Minister Sadanand Gowda on Sunday met party president Nitin Gadkari and other senior leaders here to discuss the new developments and the future course of action.
In a meeting lasting over an hour, Gadkari and party leaders Arun Jaitley and Karnataka incharge Dharmendra Pradhan discussed the state affairs with Gowda.
Sources said there is likely to be no change of Chief Minister in Karnataka.
Earlier in the day, Gowda has told reporters here that he was not aware why Yeddyurappa had praised Congress leaders and this question should be put to the former Chief Minister.
He also said that he has not received any resignations from any of his cabinet colleague.
Yeddyurappa`s camp claim that nine ministers of the Gowda Cabinet have submitted their resignation to the former CM in protest against the Central leadership`s refusal to reinstate him.
"I have to praise Sonia Gandhi. I noticed that Congress party and its people are united and supportive if any one of their party members gets into trouble. They help each other and resolve the problems," Yeddyurappa had said addressing a gathering in Bangalore today.
The Central leadership is said to be opposed to Yeddyurappa`s demand for his reinstatement as he is facing graft charges in an illegal mining case.
The Supreme Court has ordered a CBI inquiry into the matter further spoiling Yeddyurappa`s chances.
Gadkari also held meetings with Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh and Leader of Opposition in Rajasthan assembly Vasundhara Raje on matters related to the respective states.
Party General Secretary J P Nadda was also present in the meeting.
Raje had also met Jaitley earlier in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video