Karnataka CM meets meets Gadkari
New Delhi: In the wake of sulking BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa`s pro-Congress comments, Karnataka Chief Minister Sadanand Gowda on Sunday met party president Nitin Gadkari and other senior leaders here to discuss the new developments and the future course of action.
In a meeting lasting over an hour, Gadkari and party leaders Arun Jaitley and Karnataka incharge Dharmendra Pradhan discussed the state affairs with Gowda.
Sources said there is likely to be no change of Chief Minister in Karnataka.
Earlier in the day, Gowda has told reporters here that he was not aware why Yeddyurappa had praised Congress leaders and this question should be put to the former Chief Minister.
He also said that he has not received any resignations from any of his cabinet colleague.
Yeddyurappa`s camp claim that nine ministers of the Gowda Cabinet have submitted their resignation to the former CM in protest against the Central leadership`s refusal to reinstate him.
"I have to praise Sonia Gandhi. I noticed that Congress party and its people are united and supportive if any one of their party members gets into trouble. They help each other and resolve the problems," Yeddyurappa had said addressing a gathering in Bangalore today.
The Central leadership is said to be opposed to Yeddyurappa`s demand for his reinstatement as he is facing graft charges in an illegal mining case.
The Supreme Court has ordered a CBI inquiry into the matter further spoiling Yeddyurappa`s chances.
Gadkari also held meetings with Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh and Leader of Opposition in Rajasthan assembly Vasundhara Raje on matters related to the respective states.
Party General Secretary J P Nadda was also present in the meeting.
Raje had also met Jaitley earlier in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview