Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah felicitated in Andhra
Hyderabad: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah was felicitated at a function organised by Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao in Hyderabad on Saturday after Congress` win in the Assembly polls in that state in May.
Union Ministers of State Rahman Khan, Panabaka Lakshmi, Balram Naik, Srikanth Jena, Sarve Satyanarayana, MPs T Subbarami Reddy, Ponnam Prabhakar, Vishwanath (Karnataka), state ministers, Legislative Council Chairman A Chakrapani and a host of Congress leaders from AP and Karnataka were present on the occasion.
Several Backward Classes associations of the state also felicitated the Karnataka Chief Minister.
The speakers hailed the victory in Assembly polls in Karnataka and said it marked a good omen for the Congress to retain power at the Centre in the next general elections.
AICC secretary K B Krishna Murthy said Siddaramaiah now has an onerous task of rebuilding a "battered Karnataka" that the BJP destroyed during its rule.
Former ministers of Karnataka Revanna, Roshan Baig and others also attended the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says