Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah felicitated in Andhra
Hyderabad: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah was felicitated at a function organised by Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao in Hyderabad on Saturday after Congress` win in the Assembly polls in that state in May.
Union Ministers of State Rahman Khan, Panabaka Lakshmi, Balram Naik, Srikanth Jena, Sarve Satyanarayana, MPs T Subbarami Reddy, Ponnam Prabhakar, Vishwanath (Karnataka), state ministers, Legislative Council Chairman A Chakrapani and a host of Congress leaders from AP and Karnataka were present on the occasion.
Several Backward Classes associations of the state also felicitated the Karnataka Chief Minister.
The speakers hailed the victory in Assembly polls in Karnataka and said it marked a good omen for the Congress to retain power at the Centre in the next general elections.
AICC secretary K B Krishna Murthy said Siddaramaiah now has an onerous task of rebuilding a "battered Karnataka" that the BJP destroyed during its rule.
Former ministers of Karnataka Revanna, Roshan Baig and others also attended the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video