Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah felicitated in Andhra
Hyderabad: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah was felicitated at a function organised by Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao in Hyderabad on Saturday after Congress` win in the Assembly polls in that state in May.
Union Ministers of State Rahman Khan, Panabaka Lakshmi, Balram Naik, Srikanth Jena, Sarve Satyanarayana, MPs T Subbarami Reddy, Ponnam Prabhakar, Vishwanath (Karnataka), state ministers, Legislative Council Chairman A Chakrapani and a host of Congress leaders from AP and Karnataka were present on the occasion.
Several Backward Classes associations of the state also felicitated the Karnataka Chief Minister.
The speakers hailed the victory in Assembly polls in Karnataka and said it marked a good omen for the Congress to retain power at the Centre in the next general elections.
AICC secretary K B Krishna Murthy said Siddaramaiah now has an onerous task of rebuilding a "battered Karnataka" that the BJP destroyed during its rule.
Former ministers of Karnataka Revanna, Roshan Baig and others also attended the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda