Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah felicitated in Andhra
Hyderabad: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah was felicitated at a function organised by Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao in Hyderabad on Saturday after Congress` win in the Assembly polls in that state in May.
Union Ministers of State Rahman Khan, Panabaka Lakshmi, Balram Naik, Srikanth Jena, Sarve Satyanarayana, MPs T Subbarami Reddy, Ponnam Prabhakar, Vishwanath (Karnataka), state ministers, Legislative Council Chairman A Chakrapani and a host of Congress leaders from AP and Karnataka were present on the occasion.
Several Backward Classes associations of the state also felicitated the Karnataka Chief Minister.
The speakers hailed the victory in Assembly polls in Karnataka and said it marked a good omen for the Congress to retain power at the Centre in the next general elections.
AICC secretary K B Krishna Murthy said Siddaramaiah now has an onerous task of rebuilding a "battered Karnataka" that the BJP destroyed during its rule.
Former ministers of Karnataka Revanna, Roshan Baig and others also attended the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- PM Modi calls for dialogue, accepts development alone can't bring 'lasting solution' to Kashmir