Karnataka CM summoned to Delhi
Bangalore: With the two warring factions in the ruling BJP in Karnataka continuing to cross swords over the leadership issue, the party central leadership has summoned Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda to New Delhi to resolve the crisis.
Gowda would fly to New Delhi on July 2 and meet BJP President Nitin Gadkari, among other central leaders, to discuss the political crisis in the state,sources in the Chief Minister`s office told on Saturday.
The summons comes hours after the turmoil in the BJP state unit showed no signs of abating as the BS Yeddyurappa camp stuck to its one-point agenda of ousting Gowda.
A day after nine Yeddyurappa loyalist-Ministers quit precipitating the crisis, Gowda expressed confidence of resolving it with the intervention of the party`s central leadership.
State BJP President KS Eshwarappa, who met Gowda, said there was no question of accepting the resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch