Karnataka CM summoned to Delhi
Bangalore: With the two warring factions in the ruling BJP in Karnataka continuing to cross swords over the leadership issue, the party central leadership has summoned Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda to New Delhi to resolve the crisis.
Gowda would fly to New Delhi on July 2 and meet BJP President Nitin Gadkari, among other central leaders, to discuss the political crisis in the state,sources in the Chief Minister`s office told on Saturday.
The summons comes hours after the turmoil in the BJP state unit showed no signs of abating as the BS Yeddyurappa camp stuck to its one-point agenda of ousting Gowda.
A day after nine Yeddyurappa loyalist-Ministers quit precipitating the crisis, Gowda expressed confidence of resolving it with the intervention of the party`s central leadership.
State BJP President KS Eshwarappa, who met Gowda, said there was no question of accepting the resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi