Karnataka CM summoned to Delhi
Bangalore: With the two warring factions in the ruling BJP in Karnataka continuing to cross swords over the leadership issue, the party central leadership has summoned Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda to New Delhi to resolve the crisis.
Gowda would fly to New Delhi on July 2 and meet BJP President Nitin Gadkari, among other central leaders, to discuss the political crisis in the state,sources in the Chief Minister`s office told on Saturday.
The summons comes hours after the turmoil in the BJP state unit showed no signs of abating as the BS Yeddyurappa camp stuck to its one-point agenda of ousting Gowda.
A day after nine Yeddyurappa loyalist-Ministers quit precipitating the crisis, Gowda expressed confidence of resolving it with the intervention of the party`s central leadership.
State BJP President KS Eshwarappa, who met Gowda, said there was no question of accepting the resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!