Karnataka CM unfurls tricolour in Bangalore
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday unfurled the tricolour flag and reviewed the guard of honour at the Field Marshal Manekshaw Parade Ground here to mark India`s 67th Independence Day (I-Day) amid tight security.
Under a cloudy sky and on a breezy day, the Chief Minister went around the ground in an open jeep past contingents of the state police, scouts, guides and students even as martial music rang in the air.
About 10,000 people, including hundreds of children, thronged the venue in the city centre to witness the colourful parade with patriotic fervour and gaiety after an air force chopper showered rose petals on the dais where the tricolour was fluttering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket