Karnataka CM unfurls tricolour in Bangalore
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday unfurled the tricolour flag and reviewed the guard of honour at the Field Marshal Manekshaw Parade Ground here to mark India`s 67th Independence Day (I-Day) amid tight security.
Under a cloudy sky and on a breezy day, the Chief Minister went around the ground in an open jeep past contingents of the state police, scouts, guides and students even as martial music rang in the air.
About 10,000 people, including hundreds of children, thronged the venue in the city centre to witness the colourful parade with patriotic fervour and gaiety after an air force chopper showered rose petals on the dais where the tricolour was fluttering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM