Karnataka Congress chief hints at early LS polls
Bangalore: Karnataka Congress chief G Parameshwara on Friday claimed Lok Sabha elections may be held in October or November.
"There are indications from New Delhi about election being held in October or November and the process of selection of candidates will be taken up soon," he told reporters here after welcoming JDS leader Muddahanume Gowda into Congress.
Parameshwara said in next 10 days a team of observers will be sent to Lok Sabha constituencies to prepare a list of potential candidates. "The candidates will be selected after the finalisation of the list."
He said the party faces a big challenge of fulfilling the promises made to the people during elections.
"People want change and that is why we have been voted to power. Therefore we cannot disappoint them," he said.
Parameshwara reposed faith in Chief Minister Siddaramaiah to give a corruption-free government.
The KPCC president said the state party workers should strive hard to win maximum number of Lok Sabha seats.
Parameshwara said with serious cracks developing in NDA camp there is all possibility of Congress-led alliance coming to power in the next Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened