Karnataka Congress unit formulates strategy to counter Modi
Bangalore: The ruling Congress in Karnataka on Saturday said it has formulated a strategy to counter BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in the state.
Dismissing any `Modi effect`, KPCC President G Parameshwara said the party would conduct booth-level awareness campaigns on the achievements of UPA I and II governments.
"The BJP is trying to glorify Modi. They don`t have anything else. We want to take our UPA I and II programmes to our booth-level workers. That is more important than any other issue for us," he told reporters after the party executive committee meeting here.
Asked whether the Modi factor has dented the party`s prospects in Karnataka, Parameshwara said there is no effect as such. "If there is an effect we are very seriously concerned about it but I don`t think there is an effect and that is why we are not bothered about it," he said.
"Modi has to still come here and people have to pay Rs 10 to see him. Let us see how this thing is going to work out in favour of them or against them," Parameshwara said.
Asked about an election survey that said Congress would get only seven Lok Sabha seats in the state, he said the party is not worried about these numbers and would instead concentrate on winning all 28 Lok Sabha seats.
"Each one of the surveys give their numbers but we are concentrating on all 28 seats and definitely we will win maximum numbers (of seats)," he said.
He also said KPCC today passed a resolution to request party president Sonia Gandhi to hold the next AICC session in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what