Karnataka cops want to quiz Yasin Bhatkal
Bangalore: The Karnataka Police are sending a team to Bihar to question arrested Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal for his alleged involvement in the Bangalore twin blasts in 2008 and 2010, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Thursday.
"We are sending a police team to Bihar, where Bhatkal was brought (late Wednesday) after his arrest on the India-Nepal border. Our team will seek his custody to interrogate him in connection with the blasts in Bangalore," Siddaramaiah told reporters here.
The 30-year-old terror suspect, also known as Ahmed Siddibapa, hails from Bhatkal coastal town in Uttara Kannada district near Mangalore, about 350 km from here, police said.
Bhatkal is one of the most wanted terrorists in the country for his alleged role in serial blasts in many cities and towns over the last six-seven years.
"Our state intelligence sleuths were part of the NIA (National Intelligence Agency) team, which arrested Bhatkal, as their services were sought to identify him and verify his background," Siddaramaiah claimed.
Bangalore Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said his department was in touch with the federal intelligence agencies for details on Bhatkal`s arrest and to ascertain when he would be made available to the state for investigation.
"We will seek Yasin`s custody so that he could be brought to Bangalore soon for interrogation in the city`s twin blasts," Auradkar told reporters.
One woman died in serial blasts that rocked the city July 25, 2008 and 15 people, including five security men, were injured in the twin blasts near the M. Chinnaswamy cricket stadium April 17, 2010 an hour prior to a T20 match of the Indian Premier League tournament.
"It is too early to comment on when Bhatkal would be brought to Bangalore for investigations," Auradkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks