Karnataka court to hear bail plea of Congress MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar today
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: A court will on Tuesday hear a bail plea of Karnataka Congress MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar.
Kashappanavar has been alleged of slapping and assaulting two police constable at a city lounge bar here on June 2.
The Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) has already ordered an inquiry into the assault charges against the party legislator, who represents the Hungund Assembly seat in Bagalkot district, about 540 km northwest of Bangalore.
MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar, who was allegedly absconding after the incident, had resurfaced two days later.
Police charged Kashappanavar under Section 353 of the Indian Penal Code with abusing and assaulting beat constables Kiran Kumar and Prashanth Naik when they started taking photos of the accused partying beyond the stipulated time in the bar, located in the posh UB City in downtown Bangalore.
Kashappanavar, however, denied assaulting the constables and had later claimed that he only objected to them filming him and his family members on their mobile phones as they were only celebrating his birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack