Karnataka court to hear bail plea of Congress MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar today
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: A court will on Tuesday hear a bail plea of Karnataka Congress MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar.
Kashappanavar has been alleged of slapping and assaulting two police constable at a city lounge bar here on June 2.
The Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) has already ordered an inquiry into the assault charges against the party legislator, who represents the Hungund Assembly seat in Bagalkot district, about 540 km northwest of Bangalore.
MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar, who was allegedly absconding after the incident, had resurfaced two days later.
Police charged Kashappanavar under Section 353 of the Indian Penal Code with abusing and assaulting beat constables Kiran Kumar and Prashanth Naik when they started taking photos of the accused partying beyond the stipulated time in the bar, located in the posh UB City in downtown Bangalore.
Kashappanavar, however, denied assaulting the constables and had later claimed that he only objected to them filming him and his family members on their mobile phones as they were only celebrating his birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested