Karnataka court to hear bail plea of Congress MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar today
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: A court will on Tuesday hear a bail plea of Karnataka Congress MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar.
Kashappanavar has been alleged of slapping and assaulting two police constable at a city lounge bar here on June 2.
The Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) has already ordered an inquiry into the assault charges against the party legislator, who represents the Hungund Assembly seat in Bagalkot district, about 540 km northwest of Bangalore.
MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar, who was allegedly absconding after the incident, had resurfaced two days later.
Police charged Kashappanavar under Section 353 of the Indian Penal Code with abusing and assaulting beat constables Kiran Kumar and Prashanth Naik when they started taking photos of the accused partying beyond the stipulated time in the bar, located in the posh UB City in downtown Bangalore.
Kashappanavar, however, denied assaulting the constables and had later claimed that he only objected to them filming him and his family members on their mobile phones as they were only celebrating his birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli