Karnataka court to hear bail plea of Congress MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar today
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: A court will on Tuesday hear a bail plea of Karnataka Congress MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar.
Kashappanavar has been alleged of slapping and assaulting two police constable at a city lounge bar here on June 2.
The Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) has already ordered an inquiry into the assault charges against the party legislator, who represents the Hungund Assembly seat in Bagalkot district, about 540 km northwest of Bangalore.
MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar, who was allegedly absconding after the incident, had resurfaced two days later.
Police charged Kashappanavar under Section 353 of the Indian Penal Code with abusing and assaulting beat constables Kiran Kumar and Prashanth Naik when they started taking photos of the accused partying beyond the stipulated time in the bar, located in the posh UB City in downtown Bangalore.
Kashappanavar, however, denied assaulting the constables and had later claimed that he only objected to them filming him and his family members on their mobile phones as they were only celebrating his birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar
- Militant killed in J&K encounter in Lolab area
- Facebook Messenger could soon let you undo sent messages
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn