Karnataka: Decision at appropriate time, says BJP
Bangalore: Moments after nine Karnataka ministers, loyal to former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, withdrew their resignations, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday assured the rebels that an appropriate decision would be taken at an appropriate time on the issue.
The nine ministers had quit on Friday, demanding the removal of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda.
"We decided to withdraw the resignations following the assurance from our (Bharatiya Janata Party) high command that this will facilitate resolution of the crisis," Water Resources Minister Basavaraj Bommai, one of the nine who had quit, told reporters here
The BS Yeddyurappa faction has been mounting pressure on the BJP leadership to appoint Jagadish Shettar as the state’s new Chief Minister after it became clear that Yeddurappa himself won’t be appointed as CM owing to the graft cases pending against him.
BS Yeddyurappa was removed from the CM post following charges of corruption.
(With IANS inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump