Karnataka: Decision at appropriate time, says BJP
Bangalore: Moments after nine Karnataka ministers, loyal to former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, withdrew their resignations, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday assured the rebels that an appropriate decision would be taken at an appropriate time on the issue.
The nine ministers had quit on Friday, demanding the removal of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda.
"We decided to withdraw the resignations following the assurance from our (Bharatiya Janata Party) high command that this will facilitate resolution of the crisis," Water Resources Minister Basavaraj Bommai, one of the nine who had quit, told reporters here
The BS Yeddyurappa faction has been mounting pressure on the BJP leadership to appoint Jagadish Shettar as the state’s new Chief Minister after it became clear that Yeddurappa himself won’t be appointed as CM owing to the graft cases pending against him.
BS Yeddyurappa was removed from the CM post following charges of corruption.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29