Karnataka declares 19 more taluks as drought-hit
Bangalore: Karnataka Government on Saturday declared 19 more taluks as drought-hit taking the total taluks affected by scarcity conditions to 142.
Incidentally, the 19 taluks fall under Bangalore, Shimoga, Chikmagalur, Mysore and Beglaum districts, which normally known to receive good rains.
The taluks which were declared as drought prone are Anekal, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore South, Bangalore East, Hoskote, Nelamangala, Ramanagar, Malur, Channagiri, Harihara, Hunsur, H D Kote, Gokak, Bhadravathi, Shimoga, Shikaripura, Tarikere, Channagiri and Alur, an official release said here.
To mitigate the sufferings of farmers reeling under worst
drought in four decades in several parts of Karnataka, the government had on Tuesday announced a Rs 3,500-crore package waiving farms loan up to Rs 25,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday