Karnataka declares 19 more taluks as drought-hit
Bangalore: Karnataka Government on Saturday declared 19 more taluks as drought-hit taking the total taluks affected by scarcity conditions to 142.
Incidentally, the 19 taluks fall under Bangalore, Shimoga, Chikmagalur, Mysore and Beglaum districts, which normally known to receive good rains.
The taluks which were declared as drought prone are Anekal, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore South, Bangalore East, Hoskote, Nelamangala, Ramanagar, Malur, Channagiri, Harihara, Hunsur, H D Kote, Gokak, Bhadravathi, Shimoga, Shikaripura, Tarikere, Channagiri and Alur, an official release said here.
To mitigate the sufferings of farmers reeling under worst
drought in four decades in several parts of Karnataka, the government had on Tuesday announced a Rs 3,500-crore package waiving farms loan up to Rs 25,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli