Karnataka declares 19 more taluks as drought-hit
Bangalore: Karnataka Government on Saturday declared 19 more taluks as drought-hit taking the total taluks affected by scarcity conditions to 142.
Incidentally, the 19 taluks fall under Bangalore, Shimoga, Chikmagalur, Mysore and Beglaum districts, which normally known to receive good rains.
The taluks which were declared as drought prone are Anekal, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore South, Bangalore East, Hoskote, Nelamangala, Ramanagar, Malur, Channagiri, Harihara, Hunsur, H D Kote, Gokak, Bhadravathi, Shimoga, Shikaripura, Tarikere, Channagiri and Alur, an official release said here.
To mitigate the sufferings of farmers reeling under worst
drought in four decades in several parts of Karnataka, the government had on Tuesday announced a Rs 3,500-crore package waiving farms loan up to Rs 25,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster