Karnataka declares 19 more taluks as drought-hit
Bangalore: Karnataka Government on Saturday declared 19 more taluks as drought-hit taking the total taluks affected by scarcity conditions to 142.
Incidentally, the 19 taluks fall under Bangalore, Shimoga, Chikmagalur, Mysore and Beglaum districts, which normally known to receive good rains.
The taluks which were declared as drought prone are Anekal, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore South, Bangalore East, Hoskote, Nelamangala, Ramanagar, Malur, Channagiri, Harihara, Hunsur, H D Kote, Gokak, Bhadravathi, Shimoga, Shikaripura, Tarikere, Channagiri and Alur, an official release said here.
To mitigate the sufferings of farmers reeling under worst
drought in four decades in several parts of Karnataka, the government had on Tuesday announced a Rs 3,500-crore package waiving farms loan up to Rs 25,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH