Karnataka declares 19 more taluks as drought-hit
Bangalore: Karnataka Government on Saturday declared 19 more taluks as drought-hit taking the total taluks affected by scarcity conditions to 142.
Incidentally, the 19 taluks fall under Bangalore, Shimoga, Chikmagalur, Mysore and Beglaum districts, which normally known to receive good rains.
The taluks which were declared as drought prone are Anekal, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore South, Bangalore East, Hoskote, Nelamangala, Ramanagar, Malur, Channagiri, Harihara, Hunsur, H D Kote, Gokak, Bhadravathi, Shimoga, Shikaripura, Tarikere, Channagiri and Alur, an official release said here.
To mitigate the sufferings of farmers reeling under worst
drought in four decades in several parts of Karnataka, the government had on Tuesday announced a Rs 3,500-crore package waiving farms loan up to Rs 25,000.
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag