Karnataka Dy CM booked by Lokayukta police
Shimoga (Karnataka): An FIR was filed on Monday against Deputy Chief Minister K S Eswarappa by Lokayukta police as directed by the Lokayukta court on a private complaint which charged him with amassing wealth by misusing his position.
Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao had on December 15 directed Lokayukta police to initiate an inquiry into the matter and submit a report by February 4 next year.
Shimoga-based advocate B Vinod in his complaint had contended that Eshwarappa, after assuming office as an MLA in 2008, had purchased assets worth crores of rupees, disproportionate to known sources of income in the name of his family members by misusing his position.
Eshwarappa, also the president of the state unit of BJP, has been named as the first accused while his son and daughter-in-law are the second and third accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?