Karnataka Dy CM booked by Lokayukta police
Shimoga (Karnataka): An FIR was filed on Monday against Deputy Chief Minister K S Eswarappa by Lokayukta police as directed by the Lokayukta court on a private complaint which charged him with amassing wealth by misusing his position.
Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao had on December 15 directed Lokayukta police to initiate an inquiry into the matter and submit a report by February 4 next year.
Shimoga-based advocate B Vinod in his complaint had contended that Eshwarappa, after assuming office as an MLA in 2008, had purchased assets worth crores of rupees, disproportionate to known sources of income in the name of his family members by misusing his position.
Eshwarappa, also the president of the state unit of BJP, has been named as the first accused while his son and daughter-in-law are the second and third accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends