Karnataka Elections 2013: EC trouble for astrologers
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: As polling date nears for the Karnataka Assembly Elections, Election Commission is taking all steps to ensure free and fair polls.
In an unusual move, the Election Commission officials have turned the heat on astrologers in the election bound state. The officials are asking the astrologers to remove the photo of palm from their sign boards.
The EC has undertaken this step as it thinks the picture of the palm is free branding of the Congress party, whose election symbol is also palm.
Many astrologers are angry with the latest move of Election Commission and are contemplating on filing a petition against the election watchdog.
However, coming to the rescue of the astrologers, Deputy Commissioner Sameer Shukla has assured that he would ask his officials not to harass the astrologers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok