Karnataka Elections 2013: EC trouble for astrologers
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: As polling date nears for the Karnataka Assembly Elections, Election Commission is taking all steps to ensure free and fair polls.
In an unusual move, the Election Commission officials have turned the heat on astrologers in the election bound state. The officials are asking the astrologers to remove the photo of palm from their sign boards.
The EC has undertaken this step as it thinks the picture of the palm is free branding of the Congress party, whose election symbol is also palm.
Many astrologers are angry with the latest move of Election Commission and are contemplating on filing a petition against the election watchdog.
However, coming to the rescue of the astrologers, Deputy Commissioner Sameer Shukla has assured that he would ask his officials not to harass the astrologers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday