Karnataka Elections 2013: EC trouble for astrologers
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: As polling date nears for the Karnataka Assembly Elections, Election Commission is taking all steps to ensure free and fair polls.
In an unusual move, the Election Commission officials have turned the heat on astrologers in the election bound state. The officials are asking the astrologers to remove the photo of palm from their sign boards.
The EC has undertaken this step as it thinks the picture of the palm is free branding of the Congress party, whose election symbol is also palm.
Many astrologers are angry with the latest move of Election Commission and are contemplating on filing a petition against the election watchdog.
However, coming to the rescue of the astrologers, Deputy Commissioner Sameer Shukla has assured that he would ask his officials not to harass the astrologers.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley