Karnataka Elections 2013: EC trouble for astrologers
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: As polling date nears for the Karnataka Assembly Elections, Election Commission is taking all steps to ensure free and fair polls.
In an unusual move, the Election Commission officials have turned the heat on astrologers in the election bound state. The officials are asking the astrologers to remove the photo of palm from their sign boards.
The EC has undertaken this step as it thinks the picture of the palm is free branding of the Congress party, whose election symbol is also palm.
Many astrologers are angry with the latest move of Election Commission and are contemplating on filing a petition against the election watchdog.
However, coming to the rescue of the astrologers, Deputy Commissioner Sameer Shukla has assured that he would ask his officials not to harass the astrologers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das