Karnataka elections takingh a toll on govt hospitals?
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Karnataka Assembly elections, which are scheduled for May 05, seem to have taken a toll on an unexpected sector of the state government. It is the city hospitals who are complaining this time with the burden of election duty having been delegated to them.
With the elections just a couple of days away, Karnataka Election Commission has written to the employees of city government hospitals, asking them to take part in poll-related chores, reports a newspaper.
The reports adds that government hospital employees like paramedical staff and lab technicians have been told to engage in election duties, thus adding to the concern of the hospitals which are already short-staffed.
The move has got the employees complaining with a senior employee of a hospital saying, “If all of them go for election duty for three to four days, how can we run the hospital? The hospital is already reeling under shortage of hands,” added the report.
In turn, the hospital authorities have written back to the Election Commission requesting it not to assign election duties to the hospital staff, but they are still awaiting the approval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets