Karnataka: Falaknuma Express train catches fire, 2 dead
Gulbarga: A train caught fire at Gulbarga in north Karnataka on Tuesday, killing two passengers and injuring seven others.
Railway sources said a second class coach of the Solapur-bound passenger train from Hyderabad caught fire at 1.45 pm while it was at the Gulbarga station.
A probe has been ordered into how the Falaknuma Express train caught fire.
There were over 15 passengers in the bogie of the Falaknuma Passenger after it arrived here, but six of them jumped to safety after it caught fire.
The victims are yet to be identified as the bodies have been burnt beyond recognition, police said.
The injured have been admitted to the Gulbarga Civil Hospital and the condition of two was stated to be serious.
Some of the passengers were headed for Tuljapur in Maharashtra to attend the Bhavani festival which takes place during Navratri, police said.
Superintendent of Police Praveen Madhukar Pawar and railway police officials and District Incharge Minister Revunaik Belmagi visited the station.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town