Karnataka: Falaknuma Express train catches fire, 2 dead
Gulbarga: A train caught fire at Gulbarga in north Karnataka on Tuesday, killing two passengers and injuring seven others.
Railway sources said a second class coach of the Solapur-bound passenger train from Hyderabad caught fire at 1.45 pm while it was at the Gulbarga station.
A probe has been ordered into how the Falaknuma Express train caught fire.
There were over 15 passengers in the bogie of the Falaknuma Passenger after it arrived here, but six of them jumped to safety after it caught fire.
The victims are yet to be identified as the bodies have been burnt beyond recognition, police said.
The injured have been admitted to the Gulbarga Civil Hospital and the condition of two was stated to be serious.
Some of the passengers were headed for Tuljapur in Maharashtra to attend the Bhavani festival which takes place during Navratri, police said.
Superintendent of Police Praveen Madhukar Pawar and railway police officials and District Incharge Minister Revunaik Belmagi visited the station.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II