Karnataka: Girl set ablaze by nine persons
Bangalore: An 11-year-old girl, who was set ablaze by nine persons while she was on her way to school on Saturday, has succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital, police said.
The fifth standard girl breathed her last at the state run Victoria hospital this afternoon, they said.
All the nine were arrested yesterday and remanded to 14 days judicial custody.
Personal enmity with the girl`s father was suspected to be the reason for the attack.
Meanwhile Youth Congress activists staged a dharna in front of the hospital, demanding action against the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000