Karnataka Governor appoints Shettar as CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj on Wednesday appointed Jagadish Shettar as Chief Minister and invited him to form the government.
Bhardwaj accepted the resignation of DV Sadananda Gowda as Chief Minister, a Raj Bhavan communique said.
"In exercise of the powers conferred under Article 164(1) of the Constitution of India, the Governor has accepted the resignation of the Council of Ministers of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda with immediate effect and appointed Shettar as Chief Minister and invited him to form the government," the communique said.
Gowda shall continue to function as Chief Minister along with his Council of Ministers till alternative arrangements are made, the communique said.
Earlier, BJP state president KS Eshwarappa had informed the Governor that the BJP Legislature Party elected Shettar as their leader and requested Bhardwaj to invite him to form the government, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read