Karnataka Governor appoints Shettar as CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj on Wednesday appointed Jagadish Shettar as Chief Minister and invited him to form the government.
Bhardwaj accepted the resignation of DV Sadananda Gowda as Chief Minister, a Raj Bhavan communique said.
"In exercise of the powers conferred under Article 164(1) of the Constitution of India, the Governor has accepted the resignation of the Council of Ministers of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda with immediate effect and appointed Shettar as Chief Minister and invited him to form the government," the communique said.
Gowda shall continue to function as Chief Minister along with his Council of Ministers till alternative arrangements are made, the communique said.
Earlier, BJP state president KS Eshwarappa had informed the Governor that the BJP Legislature Party elected Shettar as their leader and requested Bhardwaj to invite him to form the government, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?