Karnataka Governor says he has `list of corrupt`
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj
on Wednesday said he has a list of corrupt people in the state and
offered to furnish it to those interested.
"I have given the list to Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
also", Bhardwaj told reporters.
Bhardwaj`s remarks came just a few days after he shot off
two letters to Yeddyurappa seeking his response to land scam
charges against him and also on illegal mining allegedly
involving three ministers -- G Janardhana Reddy, G Karunakara
Reddy and B Sreeramulu, also mining magnates.
He had expressed displeasure over replies of Yeddyurappa
who had described corruption charges against him as baseless
while BJP accused the Governor of behaving like an opposition
leader and a Congress agent.
Asked about NDA`s country-wide anti-corruption rally
sans Karnataka today, Bhardwaj said "I only want to say that I
invite anybody who wants the list of corrupt people to come to
Raj Bhavan to take the list".
Earlier after participating in another function held at a
school here, Bhardwaj lashed out at BJP leaders over reports
that they planned to petition President Pratibha Patil seeking
her intervention to remove him as Governor for his repeated
outbursts against the Yeddurappa government.
"I am not a child. I have been in parliament for 30 years.
Most of their (BJP) leaders have not even spent ten years", he
retorted apparently responding to BJP MP D B Chandregowda who
had warned that the saffron party will urge the President to
recall him for not discharging his constitutional duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest