Karnataka Governor to address joint session today
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj on Sunday said he would summon the Joint Session of the State Legislature on Monday and address it.
"I am going to summon the House tomorrow and address it," he told reporters before leaving to meet Speaker KG Bopaiah, whom he invited to address the session.
To a query, Bhardwaj said no political party has so far informed him about "ordering" a floor test for the Shettar ministry and resignations of 13 BJP legislators loyal to the B S Yeddyurappa-led Karnataka Janata Party.
"These people also have not approached me. It is happening outside Raj Bhavan," he added.
Bharadwaj had stated on January 26 that the Jagadish Shettar government still enjoyed majority and as leader of the BJP legislature party, it was left for him to take action on the issue of the resignation of the MLAs.
A cloud of uncertainty has been hanging over the Shettar ministry ever since Yeddyurappa quit BJP to float KJP in December 2012.
The former BJP strongman has repeatedly put the government on notice about their stability, claiming support of 20-30 BJP MLAs.
His party had set two deadlines earlier to unseat the government but they turned out to be damp squibs.
Shettar had brushed aside these threats and insisted last week that his government still enjoys majority even after the resignation of the MLAs and that he was ready for a no-confidence motion if Opposition moves it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...