Karnataka Governor to address joint session today
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj on Sunday said he would summon the Joint Session of the State Legislature on Monday and address it.
"I am going to summon the House tomorrow and address it," he told reporters before leaving to meet Speaker KG Bopaiah, whom he invited to address the session.
To a query, Bhardwaj said no political party has so far informed him about "ordering" a floor test for the Shettar ministry and resignations of 13 BJP legislators loyal to the B S Yeddyurappa-led Karnataka Janata Party.
"These people also have not approached me. It is happening outside Raj Bhavan," he added.
Bharadwaj had stated on January 26 that the Jagadish Shettar government still enjoyed majority and as leader of the BJP legislature party, it was left for him to take action on the issue of the resignation of the MLAs.
A cloud of uncertainty has been hanging over the Shettar ministry ever since Yeddyurappa quit BJP to float KJP in December 2012.
The former BJP strongman has repeatedly put the government on notice about their stability, claiming support of 20-30 BJP MLAs.
His party had set two deadlines earlier to unseat the government but they turned out to be damp squibs.
Shettar had brushed aside these threats and insisted last week that his government still enjoys majority even after the resignation of the MLAs and that he was ready for a no-confidence motion if Opposition moves it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case