Karnataka govt asked to give report on students` humiliation
New Delhi: Karnataka government has been asked by the national child rights body to submit a report following allegations that four students from economically weaker section (EWS) were humiliated in a prominent Bangalore school.
Taking suo motu cognisance of a media report, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) directed Karnataka Education Secretary (Primary and Secondary Education) to get the matter investigated and take further necessary action. The Commission has also sought an Action Taken Report (ATR).
Parents of the students of Class I admitted under 25 per cent quota under Right to Education Act in the Bangalore school have alleged that the children were humiliated and discriminated against.
The mother of one of the children has alleged that the school did not take any action after she brought to its notice the incident of her daughter`s classmate cutting tufts of her hair.
The Commission yesterday asked the Secretary to provide to it details of alleged victimisation accorded to the students and to initiate necessary action against the concerned school authority and other functionaries, if found guilty.
It also instructed the Secretary to ensure that the children got immediate counselling at state cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly