Karnataka govt asks ICSE to de-recognise school where child was raped
Bangalore: In further trouble for city-based Vibgyor High School, where a six year-old girl was allegedly raped, Karnataka government on Friday requested the ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) Board to de-recognise it.
The Department of Public Instruction in a release said the state government had written to the ICSE to de-recognise Vibgyor High School and that the DPI Deputy Director (South Division) is inquiring into the incident.
"The inquiry is on," it said.
The rape had triggered severe protests from outraged parents who stormed the institution yesterday, demanding action against the guilty, suspecting the involvement of staffers.
The girl was allegedly raped by "unknown persons" at Vibgyor High School, which came to light on July 15.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Law and Order-East) KV Sharat Chandra had stated yesterday the girl had been sent for medical examination and forensic report was awaited. A probe was on and no arrests had been made so far, he had said.
The issue also figured in the assembly where former Education Minister Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri (BJP) sought a reply from the government on police allegedly caning the agitating parents who were protesting the "inaction" by school management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video