Karnataka govt asks ICSE to de-recognise school where child was raped
Bangalore: In further trouble for city-based Vibgyor High School, where a six year-old girl was allegedly raped, Karnataka government on Friday requested the ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) Board to de-recognise it.
The Department of Public Instruction in a release said the state government had written to the ICSE to de-recognise Vibgyor High School and that the DPI Deputy Director (South Division) is inquiring into the incident.
"The inquiry is on," it said.
The rape had triggered severe protests from outraged parents who stormed the institution yesterday, demanding action against the guilty, suspecting the involvement of staffers.
The girl was allegedly raped by "unknown persons" at Vibgyor High School, which came to light on July 15.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Law and Order-East) KV Sharat Chandra had stated yesterday the girl had been sent for medical examination and forensic report was awaited. A probe was on and no arrests had been made so far, he had said.
The issue also figured in the assembly where former Education Minister Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri (BJP) sought a reply from the government on police allegedly caning the agitating parents who were protesting the "inaction" by school management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...