Karnataka govt asks ICSE to de-recognise school where child was raped
Bangalore: In further trouble for city-based Vibgyor High School, where a six year-old girl was allegedly raped, Karnataka government on Friday requested the ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) Board to de-recognise it.
The Department of Public Instruction in a release said the state government had written to the ICSE to de-recognise Vibgyor High School and that the DPI Deputy Director (South Division) is inquiring into the incident.
"The inquiry is on," it said.
The rape had triggered severe protests from outraged parents who stormed the institution yesterday, demanding action against the guilty, suspecting the involvement of staffers.
The girl was allegedly raped by "unknown persons" at Vibgyor High School, which came to light on July 15.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Law and Order-East) KV Sharat Chandra had stated yesterday the girl had been sent for medical examination and forensic report was awaited. A probe was on and no arrests had been made so far, he had said.
The issue also figured in the assembly where former Education Minister Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri (BJP) sought a reply from the government on police allegedly caning the agitating parents who were protesting the "inaction" by school management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Congress condemns Punjab Health Minister's 'shameful' remark on drugs
- Court relaxes bail conditions of accused in Suraj Parmar suicide case
- Lionel Messi's retirement not to change endorsement pact: Tata Motors
- New leaked iPhone 7 images show large cameras
- HILARIOUS: Virender Sehwag wishes former Daredevils team-mate Kevin Pietersen Happy Birthday in funny style!