Karnataka govt to install mobile phone jammers in jails
Bangalore: Karnataka Government has decided
to install jammers in all jails to curb usage of mobile phones
by criminals while in custody, state Home Minister R Ashoka
said on Saturday.
It has come to the knowledge of the government that
criminals lodged in jails continue their illegal activities
and planned to attack their rivals in jails with the help of
mobile phones, he said after releasing telephone directory of
reporters brought by Bangalore Reporters` Guild here.
"Even weapons were making their way into jails and there
was a racket in which the associates of criminals hurl mobile
handsets into jail premises from outside," Ashoka said.
To check this menace, the government is also planning
to spread nets along the compound and conduct raids by city
crime branch squads at regular intervals.
There is also a proposal to install CCTV cameras in
jails to monitor the activities of inmates, he said.
The government was thinking to constitute special squads
to keep vigil on the activities of criminals, Ashoka said.
The Government wants to depute at least 20 police
official for training abroad to imbibe investigation skills to
detect cyber crimes which weare on the rise, but has not been
able to achieve the target due to reluctance on the part of
the officials to participate in such programmes, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH