Karnataka govt to install mobile phone jammers in jails
Bangalore: Karnataka Government has decided
to install jammers in all jails to curb usage of mobile phones
by criminals while in custody, state Home Minister R Ashoka
said on Saturday.
It has come to the knowledge of the government that
criminals lodged in jails continue their illegal activities
and planned to attack their rivals in jails with the help of
mobile phones, he said after releasing telephone directory of
reporters brought by Bangalore Reporters` Guild here.
"Even weapons were making their way into jails and there
was a racket in which the associates of criminals hurl mobile
handsets into jail premises from outside," Ashoka said.
To check this menace, the government is also planning
to spread nets along the compound and conduct raids by city
crime branch squads at regular intervals.
There is also a proposal to install CCTV cameras in
jails to monitor the activities of inmates, he said.
The government was thinking to constitute special squads
to keep vigil on the activities of criminals, Ashoka said.
The Government wants to depute at least 20 police
official for training abroad to imbibe investigation skills to
detect cyber crimes which weare on the rise, but has not been
able to achieve the target due to reluctance on the part of
the officials to participate in such programmes, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read