Karnataka govt`s financial status very sound: Governor
Bangalore: Karnataka government`s financial status is sound, with tax revenue among the highest in the country, doubling in the last five years, Governor HR Bhardwaj said on Monday.
Stating that the financial status has been very good, he told the joint session of the legislature on the opening day of the Budget Session in his customary address, "Fiscal deficit and public debt have been within the targets prescribed by the Central government and the 13th Finance Commission".
Over the last five years, the tax revenues of the state have more than doubled. Tax revenue is 10 per cent of GSDP and per-capita plan expenditure is Rs 6810, both among the highest in the country, he said. The Plan size has increased by two and a half times over the last five years.
Inspite of deficit rainfall, annual food grain production is 125 lakh tonnes, higher than last year`s 118 lakh tonnes.
Bhardwaj said a centre of good governance is being constituted and a compendium of citizen-centric innovations has been brought about to replicate success stories. The state has crossed transactions amounting to Rs 1,63,000 crore through e-procurement, leading to a saving of ten per cent to state exchequer.
Maintenance of land records is being modernised through scanning and digitisation, in order to ensure that individual`s property title is protected, the Governor said in his 25-minute address.
Noting that first phase of Bangalore Metro project has already been commissioned, Bhardwaj said another 10.5 km between Peenya and Malleswaram would be operational in June this year. Approval of 72 kms long phase-2 costing Rs 26,405 crore is on the cards.
In order to reduce global warming, generation through renewable energy sources is emphasised, he said. So far 1913 mw of renewable energy projects are commissioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks