Karnataka Guv Bharadwaj to address joint session on Monday amid political uncertainty
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj on Sunday said he would summon the Joint Session of the State Legislature tomorrow and address it.
"I am going to summon the House tomorrow and address it," he told reporters before leaving to meet Speaker KG Bopaiah, whom he invited to address the session.
To a query, Bhardwaj said no political party has so far informed him about "ordering" a floor test for the Shettar ministry and resignations of 13 BJP legislators loyal to the BS Yeddyurappa-led Karnataka Janata Party.
"These people also have not approached me. It is happening outide Raj Bhavan," he added.
Bharadwaj had stated on January 26 that the Jagadish Shettar government still enjoyed majority and as leader of the BJP legislature party, it was left for him to take action on the issue of the resignation of the MLAs.
A cloud of uncertainty has been hanging over the Shettar ministry ever since Yeddyurappa quit BJP to float KJP in December 2012.
The former BJP strongman has repeatedly put the government on notice about their stability, claiming support of 20-30 BJP MLAs.
His party had set two deadlines earlier to unseat the government but they turned out to be damp squibs.
Shettar had brushed aside these threates and insisted last week that his government still enjoys majority even after the resignation of the MLAs and that he was ready for a no-confidence motion if Opposition moves it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in