Karnataka Guv Bharadwaj to address joint session on Monday amid political uncertainty
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj on Sunday said he would summon the Joint Session of the State Legislature tomorrow and address it.
"I am going to summon the House tomorrow and address it," he told reporters before leaving to meet Speaker KG Bopaiah, whom he invited to address the session.
To a query, Bhardwaj said no political party has so far informed him about "ordering" a floor test for the Shettar ministry and resignations of 13 BJP legislators loyal to the BS Yeddyurappa-led Karnataka Janata Party.
"These people also have not approached me. It is happening outide Raj Bhavan," he added.
Bharadwaj had stated on January 26 that the Jagadish Shettar government still enjoyed majority and as leader of the BJP legislature party, it was left for him to take action on the issue of the resignation of the MLAs.
A cloud of uncertainty has been hanging over the Shettar ministry ever since Yeddyurappa quit BJP to float KJP in December 2012.
The former BJP strongman has repeatedly put the government on notice about their stability, claiming support of 20-30 BJP MLAs.
His party had set two deadlines earlier to unseat the government but they turned out to be damp squibs.
Shettar had brushed aside these threates and insisted last week that his government still enjoys majority even after the resignation of the MLAs and that he was ready for a no-confidence motion if Opposition moves it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days