Karnataka Guv Bhardwaj accused of impropriety
Bangalore: Controversy returned to haunt Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj over allegations that he had been pitching for his personal assistant`s name for inclusion in the IPS officer cadre.
According to reports, Tuesday, Bhardwaj had written a letter to the then state chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in May last year asking him to promote KC Venkatarao Mane, Under Secretary to Governor, to IPS grade.
Mane, an auxillary officer, was not eligible to be promoted to an IPS rank.
Yeddyurappa had however accepted the recommendation and issued a government order last October that cleared way for officers of auxillary forces to be promoted to IPS rank. The order stated that auxilliary officers could be promoted to IPS rank to fill the vacancies for the year 2009.
However, Yeddyurappa withdrew the order in July this year after facing flak from the state DGP.
However, Bhardwaj tried to revive his recommendation after Karnataka got a new chief minister, Sadananda Gowda.
Reports said after Gowda replaced Yeddyurappa at the helm of Karnataka’s affairs, Bhardwaj summoned Home Minister R Ashoka to Raj Bhavan to again push for Mane’s case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog