Karnataka HC dismisses Murugesh Nirani`s plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday dismissed the criminal petition by former industries minister Murugesh Nirani seeking quashing of the FIR and chargesheet filed against him in the Lokayukta court in connection with a private complaint that he illegally ordered cancellation of an industrial site based on a forged signature.
Justice Anand Byrareddy dismissed the petition on the grounds that since the chargesheet was still pending before the Special Judge of Lokayukta court for taking cognisance, it was not a fit case for any kind of interference at this stage.
The court also held that since Nirani had ceased to be a public servant, sanction for prosecuting him was not necessary.
The petitioner had sought quashing of the FIR and the chargesheet on grounds that sanction which was necessary even for filing of the complaint, had not been obtained by the respondent.
On May 21 last year, the Lokayukta court had ordered a probe into the complaint filed by industrialist Alam Pasha.
The Investigating officer had filed his final report before the Lokayukta court on March 1, charging Nirani, former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, former Principal Secretary, industries department, V P Baligar and former Managing Director, Udyog Mitra, K S Shivaswamy under various IPC sections and the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988.
Pasha had stated in his complaint that the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board had allotted him 26 acres for setting up of an industry but Yeddyurappa and Nirani cancelled it on the basis of a forged letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?