Karnataka HC dismisses Sadananda Gowda`s petition
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday dismissed petitions by former Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and his wife seeking stay of the proceedings by Lokayukta Court against them in a private complaint.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana dismissed the petitions filed by Gowda and his wife Datty.
The court also refused to grant exemption from personal appearance to the duo before the Lokayukta court which on September 25 had issued summons to them and another accused to appear before the court on October 12.
On September 10, the Lokayukta court had taken cognisance of the complaint filed, under IPC sections 468 ( forgery for purpose of cheating), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property ) and 13(1)(c), 13(1)(d) read with section 13 (2) of the Prevention of Corruption (PC) Act, alleging illegal construction on government lands and allotment of site to them despite they possessing land.
In her complaint, one Nagalakshmi had alleged that in 2008 Gowda`s wife purchased 7.5 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 square feet) of "gomala" (place set apart for grazing purpose) land in Bangalore North, Jala Hobli, Bagalur village without proper documents and also subsequently constructed a two-floor building over 8,700 sq ft without licence or even getting the land converted.
She had pointed out that "gomala land" is neither available for residential purpose nor for sale and while declaring his assets and liabilities, Gowda who was then an MP, "showed the purchase of land but not the illegal building constructed on it".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state