Karnataka HC dismisses Sadananda Gowda`s petition
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday dismissed petitions by former Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and his wife seeking stay of the proceedings by Lokayukta Court against them in a private complaint.
Justice K N Keshavanarayana dismissed the petitions filed by Gowda and his wife Datty.
The court also refused to grant exemption from personal appearance to the duo before the Lokayukta court which on September 25 had issued summons to them and another accused to appear before the court on October 12.
On September 10, the Lokayukta court had taken cognisance of the complaint filed, under IPC sections 468 ( forgery for purpose of cheating), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property ) and 13(1)(c), 13(1)(d) read with section 13 (2) of the Prevention of Corruption (PC) Act, alleging illegal construction on government lands and allotment of site to them despite they possessing land.
In her complaint, one Nagalakshmi had alleged that in 2008 Gowda`s wife purchased 7.5 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 square feet) of "gomala" (place set apart for grazing purpose) land in Bangalore North, Jala Hobli, Bagalur village without proper documents and also subsequently constructed a two-floor building over 8,700 sq ft without licence or even getting the land converted.
She had pointed out that "gomala land" is neither available for residential purpose nor for sale and while declaring his assets and liabilities, Gowda who was then an MP, "showed the purchase of land but not the illegal building constructed on it".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked