Karnataka: HC disposes of PIL on homestay attack c
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday disposed of a PIL filed in connection with the attack on students by activists of a right wing outfit at a private homestay in Mangalore in July.
A Division Bench,comprising Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen and Justice B V Nagarathna, disposed of the PIL after the government advocate submitted that a chargesheet had already been filed in the case and 44 accused had been charged.
On September 3, when the PIL filed by advocate S Vasudeva came up before the division bench, the court had directed the state government to submit a final report on the matter.
The court had ordered on August one issue of notices to the State Government, the Home Secretary, the Commissioner of Police, Mangalore Rural and Director CBI on the PIL seeking CBI probe into the attack. It had further directed the state government to file its status report within seven days.
outskirts of Mangalore were targetted by activists allegedly belonging to `Hindu Jagarana Vedike` activists on July 28, who accused them of indulging in "immoral activities".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them