Karnataka HC issues notice to Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday issued
notice to former Lokayukta Santosh Hegde in connection with an
appeal filed by a senior IPS officer challenging a lower court
order dismissing his defamation suit against the former
Supreme Court judge.
Justice Anand Byrareddy gave the order for issuing the
notice when the appeal filed by Superintendent of Police
(Intelligence) Hemanth Nimbalkar came up for hearing.
Following a Lokayukta raid in March 2009, when Nimbalkar
was SP in Belgaum, the then Lokayukta Hegde had alleged that
the officer had amassed wealth of Rs 250 crore.
Hegde had reiterated the claim in the press meet held in
Bangalore the following day. Since the allegation was made in
here, Nimbalkar had filed a defamation suit at the local
court, which subsequently dismissed his suit.
Nimbalkar then approached the High Court challenging the
lower court’s decision.
He was aggrieved over Lokayukta`s assertion that he
possessed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of
income. Hegde had earlier said that he stood by his decision
to make the details of the raid public. "This is nothing new
as such litigations have been filed earlier," he had observed.
Hegde, when asked to comment today`s High Court order,
said, "I do not wish to comment or say anything about it
till I get the notice from the court."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical