Karnataka HC orders issue of notice to govt in Madani`s bail plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court Wednesday ordered issue of notice to government on the bail petition by Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in 2008 serial bomb blasts here, on health grounds.
Justice H N Nagamohan Das also directed the Superintendent of Parappana Agrahara Jail, where Madani is lodged since his arrest on August 17, 2010, to submit a medical report about his health condition by October 3 when the matter will come up for further hearing.
Madani submitted he was a chronic diabetic, wheelchair dependent with one of his legs having been amputated. He also sufferred from cardiac problems, disc prolapse, cervical spondiolosis and has been diagnosed with "diabetic retinopathy" (eye ailment).
He contended that ever since he was arrested and remanded to judicial custody, no proper medical treatment was given to him for the any of the above ailments despite court directions.
He claimed he had already lost vision in his right eye and has only 30 per cent vision in the left eye.
The petitioner pointed out that he had to take permission for treatment at his own cost and though laser treatment was given to him at Narayana Nethralaya here, it was "done hurriedly without adequate precaution" as he was in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack