Karnataka HC rejects Madani`s bail plea
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court Thursday rejected the bail application of Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Naseer Madani, an accused in the 2008 serial blasts here.
The court, however, permitted him to avail treatment in hospital of his choice under police escort.
The court had on November 7 reserved verdict on the bail plea filed by Madani on health grounds.
Madani, arrested in Kerala on August 17, 2010 and sent to judicial custody, has been lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail since then.
He is among 31 persons chargesheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 blasts that killed a woman and left 20 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey