Karnataka HC rejects Madani`s bail plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday for the fifth time rejected the bail plea of Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 serial blasts here.
Rejecting Madani`s plea, Justice N Ananda observed that doctors in the jail are capable of treating the People`s Democratic Party Chairman.
Madani had submitted he was a chronic diabetic and wheelchair dependent. He said he also suffers from cardiac problems, disc prolapse, cervical spondylosis and has been diagnosed with `diabetic retinopathy` (eye ailment).
Earlier, Public Prosecutor S Dorairaju had said Madani`s plea on health grounds was false as he is seen reading newspapers and watching TV on a daily basis in jail.
He had also opposed Madani`s contention that he was suffering from an extreme diabetic condition due to which he was losing his eyesight and needed immediate treatment.
Dorairaju had contended that Madani, against whom 56 cases have been filed, was trying to gain sympathy by citing false health grounds again and again before the court and jail doctors are capable of treating the accused.
Madani, arrested in Kerala on August 17, 2010, and sent to judicial custody, has been lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail since then. He is among 31 persons chargesheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 blasts in Bangalore that killed a woman and left 20 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race