Karnataka HC rejects Madani`s bail plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday for the fifth time rejected the bail plea of Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 serial blasts here.
Rejecting Madani`s plea, Justice N Ananda observed that doctors in the jail are capable of treating the People`s Democratic Party Chairman.
Madani had submitted he was a chronic diabetic and wheelchair dependent. He said he also suffers from cardiac problems, disc prolapse, cervical spondylosis and has been diagnosed with `diabetic retinopathy` (eye ailment).
Earlier, Public Prosecutor S Dorairaju had said Madani`s plea on health grounds was false as he is seen reading newspapers and watching TV on a daily basis in jail.
He had also opposed Madani`s contention that he was suffering from an extreme diabetic condition due to which he was losing his eyesight and needed immediate treatment.
Dorairaju had contended that Madani, against whom 56 cases have been filed, was trying to gain sympathy by citing false health grounds again and again before the court and jail doctors are capable of treating the accused.
Madani, arrested in Kerala on August 17, 2010, and sent to judicial custody, has been lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail since then. He is among 31 persons chargesheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 blasts in Bangalore that killed a woman and left 20 others injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!