Karnataka HC rejects Madani`s bail plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday for the fifth time rejected the bail plea of Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 serial blasts here.
Rejecting Madani`s plea, Justice N Ananda observed that doctors in the jail are capable of treating the People`s Democratic Party Chairman.
Madani had submitted he was a chronic diabetic and wheelchair dependent. He said he also suffers from cardiac problems, disc prolapse, cervical spondylosis and has been diagnosed with `diabetic retinopathy` (eye ailment).
Earlier, Public Prosecutor S Dorairaju had said Madani`s plea on health grounds was false as he is seen reading newspapers and watching TV on a daily basis in jail.
He had also opposed Madani`s contention that he was suffering from an extreme diabetic condition due to which he was losing his eyesight and needed immediate treatment.
Dorairaju had contended that Madani, against whom 56 cases have been filed, was trying to gain sympathy by citing false health grounds again and again before the court and jail doctors are capable of treating the accused.
Madani, arrested in Kerala on August 17, 2010, and sent to judicial custody, has been lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail since then. He is among 31 persons chargesheeted in the case relating to the July 2008 blasts in Bangalore that killed a woman and left 20 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India