Karnataka HC reserves verdict on Madani`s bail plea
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday reserved verdict on the bail plea filed by Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 serial blasts here, on health grounds.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das reserved his judgement after completion of arguments.
Madani, arrested in Kerala on August 17, 2010 and sent to judicial custody, has been lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail since then.
The PDP leader submitted he was a chronic diabetic and wheelchair dependent. He said that he also suffers from cardiac problems, disc prolapse, cervical spondylosis and has been diagnosed with `diabetic retinopathy` (eye ailment).
He contended that ever since he was arrested and sent to judicial custody, no proper medical treatment was given to him for any of the above ailments.
The petitioner claimed that he has already lost vision in his right eye and has only 30 per cent vision in the left eye.
He submitted that inspite of directions by the High Court and the Supreme Court, no serious attempt was made to treat him, as a result of which his condition aggravated and he had lost his vision.
Special Public Prosecutor H S Chandramouli, however, submitted that Madani was given the best possible treatment and opposed his bail petition in interest of security of the state and the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends