Karnataka HC reserves verdict on Madani`s bail plea
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday reserved verdict on the bail plea filed by Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 serial blasts here, on health grounds.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das reserved his judgement after completion of arguments.
Madani, arrested in Kerala on August 17, 2010 and sent to judicial custody, has been lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail since then.
The PDP leader submitted he was a chronic diabetic and wheelchair dependent. He said that he also suffers from cardiac problems, disc prolapse, cervical spondylosis and has been diagnosed with `diabetic retinopathy` (eye ailment).
He contended that ever since he was arrested and sent to judicial custody, no proper medical treatment was given to him for any of the above ailments.
The petitioner claimed that he has already lost vision in his right eye and has only 30 per cent vision in the left eye.
He submitted that inspite of directions by the High Court and the Supreme Court, no serious attempt was made to treat him, as a result of which his condition aggravated and he had lost his vision.
Special Public Prosecutor H S Chandramouli, however, submitted that Madani was given the best possible treatment and opposed his bail petition in interest of security of the state and the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?