Karnataka HC to pronounce verdict on MLAs disqualification on October 29
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on October 29 will pronounce its much-awaited verdict on the disqualification of 11 rebel BJP MLAs which is likely to have a bearing on the first-ever BJP government in the south.
Justice V G Sabhahit, the third judge who heard the batch of petitions filed by the rebels challenging their disqualification from assembly membership by Speaker K G Bopaiah, will deliver the judgement at 2:30 pm.
The case was posted before Justice Sabhahit after a division bench, comprising Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice N Kumar gave a split verdict.
While Khehar upheld the Speaker`s ruling, Kumar set aside the disqualification order.
After hearing counsels for both parties, Sabhahit reserved for orders on October 21.
The ruling BJP and Opposition Congress-JDS combine have been waiting for the verdict with fingers crossed as it will have an impact on the stability of Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s government.
The court on October 21 refused the plea by five Independents, who also have been disqualified, to allow them to vote during the second motion of confidence moved by Yeddyurappa on October 22 or their votes be kept in a sealed cover till the court decides on their petition.
However, the court had declared that the floor test outcome was subject to its final order on the petition by Independent MLAs.
Speaker Bopaiah ordered disqualification of 16 MLAs -- 11 BJP and five independents -- on October 10 on the eve of the floor test faced by Yeddyurappa.
Governor H R Bhardwaj refused to accept the result of the first trust vote adopted by voice vote amid ruckus in the truncated state assembly, but called for a second vote on October 22, which Yeddyurappa won by a 106-100 margin.
The petition filed by five independents praying for quashing of the Speaker`s order disqualifying them will come up for hearing on November 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared