Karnataka High Court judge killed in road mishap
Hyderabad: A Karnataka High Court judge was killed on Saturday and four others including three family members were injured in a road accident in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The incident occurred at around 11.30 am near Odulapalli village under Talupula police station limits in Anantapur when the car in which they were travelling overturned injuring Justice Govindarajulu, his wife, two other family members and the driver, they said.
The judge was immediately rushed to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Kadapa district where he succumbed to his injuries while others are undergoing treatment at the hospital, Kadapa Superintendent of Police MK Sinha told a news agency.
The victims were on their way from Bangalore to Proddatur in Kadapa district, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'