Karnataka High Court judge killed in road mishap
Hyderabad: A Karnataka High Court judge was killed on Saturday and four others including three family members were injured in a road accident in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The incident occurred at around 11.30 am near Odulapalli village under Talupula police station limits in Anantapur when the car in which they were travelling overturned injuring Justice Govindarajulu, his wife, two other family members and the driver, they said.
The judge was immediately rushed to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Kadapa district where he succumbed to his injuries while others are undergoing treatment at the hospital, Kadapa Superintendent of Police MK Sinha told a news agency.
The victims were on their way from Bangalore to Proddatur in Kadapa district, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?