Karnataka: JD(S) accuses Speaker`s office of doctoring proceedings
Bangalore: JD(S) on Friday accused the office
of the Karnataka Assembly Speaker of doctoring the House
records of proceedings and video recordings of the October 11
controversial trust vote obtained by Chief Minister B S
Talking to reporters here, JD(S) Legislature Group
leader H D Revanna alleged that the copy of the proceedings
given to him showed that the "Speaker`s office manipulated the
contents to suit the needs of the government."
He claimed that when there were no reporters of the
legislature present at the session how was the conversation
between the members and the chair recorded.
Revanna, whose party is supporting the 16 disqualified
MLAs, including eleven BJP members, in their legal battle,
said he had written another letter to Speaker K G Bopaiah
demanding that he be furnished with the `non-doctored` copies
of the video recording and proceedings.
He also wanted the Speaker to provide him with
information on the place, date and time when JD(S) MLA M C
Ashwath tendered his resignation letter to Bopaiah.
There was still a lot of confusion relating to
Ashwath`s resignation and many things on the issue were still
unclear as of now, he said.
Revanna also alleged that there was a general
impression that the chamber of the Speaker was acting like a
BJP office and demanded a judicial inquiry.
He said the manner in which the dissident MLAs had
been disqualified and the way the proceedings of the house
were conducted appeared to indicate that he was acting on
behest of the BJP.
He said the Speaker`s office was also not forthcoming
with information that was being sought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued