Karnataka minister gives car for accident victims, takes auto
Bangalore: Karnataka Health Minister UT Khader Sunday came to the aid of an old couple, involved in an accident, sending them to a hospital in his official car and himself taking an auto to reach his destination.
"The minister was going for `namaaz` prior to the breaking of the Ramadan fast when he saw the old couple hit by an auto rickshaw at Mekri Circle. He immediately got down and asked his driver to take them to KG Hospital at Malleshwaram (in western suburbs)," an official told IANS here.
After alerting the hospital to attend to the injured couple, Khader took an auto from the circle to resume his journey to a mosque for the prayer and breaking of fast with supper later.
Khader, a devout Muslim hailing from the coastal area of the state, regularly fasts during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security