Karnataka ministers asked to withdraw resignations
Bangalore: On a mission to resolve the latest crisis starring the BJP government, the central party leadership`s emissary Dharmendra Pradhan on Sunday asked the nine ministers loyal to B S Yeddyurappa to withdraw their resignations which has thrown the D V Sadananda Ministry into turmoil.
"I ask all nine ministers to withdraw their resignations to pave the way to resolve the leadership issue," Pradhan, in-charge of party affairs in Karnataka, told reporters at the state RSS headquarters before leaving for New Delhi.
Pradhan said he would apprise the party central leadership of the consultations he held with the two warring factions of Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and his predecessor Yeddyurappa who is insisting on a change of guard.
He said he was hopeful that the party central leadership would resolve the issue. "I will discuss with central leaders and hope a good decision will be taken by them," he said.
At the end of his hectic consultations within the BJP, Pradhan today met RSS leaders and briefed them about the situation brought about by the resignation of nine ministers to put pressure on BJP central leadership to remove Gowda.
With both factions crossing swords, Pradhan was deputed as the central emissary to defuse the crisis.
Yeddyurappa, whose earlier attempts to secure chief minister`s post failed, has been targeting Gowda, a loyalist-turned foe, seeking his removal and projecting Minister Jagadish Shettar as the alternative.
The party central leadership had yesterday summoned Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to New Delhi to resolve the crisis.
The summons came hours after the turmoil in the BJP state unit showed no signs of abating as the B S Yeddyurappa camp stuck to its one-point agenda of ousting Gowda.
A day after nine Yeddyurappa loyalist-Ministers quit precipitating the crisis, Gowda expressed confidence of resolving it with the intervention of the party`s central leadership.
State BJP president K S Eshwarappa, who met Gowda, said there was no question of accepting the resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok