Karnataka ministry expansion likely next week
Bangalore: Signs of ending rift in the ruling
BJP in Karnataka emerged on Saturday after both warring factions
entered into a dialogue over formation of ministry by new
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda amid indications that a
full fledged ministry would be in place in a couple of days.
At a meeting convened by Gowda to end the stalemate, attended
by state unit President K S Eswarappa, rebel group leader
Jagadish Shettar,former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa`s loyalists
Dr V S Acharya and Shobha Karandlaje agreed to finalise names
of those to be inducted into the ministry.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Eswarappa said "a
full fledged ministry will be in place in a couple of days
He said discussions were on over creating a Deputy Chief
Minister`s post, but a final decision on those to be inducted
and also on the Deputy Chief Ministership would be taken
Party sources indicated the new ministers might be sworn-in
next Monday or Wednesday.
Gowda held the meeting under the directive of the party high
command,which wanted state leaders to put their heads together
and resolve the ministry making crisis in the backdrop of the
rebel group led by Shettar demanding major share of
ministerial berths and plum portfolios.
Sources close to Shettar said the Lingayat leader from North
Karnataka, who lost to Gowda in the race for Chief Minister`s
post, is likely to accept the Deputy Chief Minister`s berth,
in the event of the party creating the post.
"There is no confusion in the party. There is no groupism.
We are all united. There is only one group (BJP). We will
resolve all issues. There is no need for High Command
intervention", Eswarappa said after the meeting at "Anugraha",
the Chief Minister`s official residence.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!