Karnataka MLA among lucky passengers
Penukonda (Andhra Pradesh): Karnataka MLA Amaregowda Bayyapura was among the lucky passengers of the ill-fated Hampi Express as he escaped unhurt when it collided with a goods train throwing three coaches ahead of their AC bogie off the rails and claiming 25 lives.
Bayyapura, who represents Kushtagi in Raichur district, said he was lucky to be alive as he was travelling in the fourth coach, 2-tier AC.
"I woke up to a loud thud and after alighting I saw two of the coaches on top of the engine and the wheels of the coaches broken apart," he said.
The BJP MLA expressed grief over the death ofa number poor labourers from Gadag, Koppal and Bellary who were travelling in the train.
At least 25 people including five members of a family from Bellary were killed and 43 injured when Bangalore-bound Hampi Express collided with a goods train at Penukonda Railway Station here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers