Karnataka MLA among lucky passengers
Penukonda (Andhra Pradesh): Karnataka MLA Amaregowda Bayyapura was among the lucky passengers of the ill-fated Hampi Express as he escaped unhurt when it collided with a goods train throwing three coaches ahead of their AC bogie off the rails and claiming 25 lives.
Bayyapura, who represents Kushtagi in Raichur district, said he was lucky to be alive as he was travelling in the fourth coach, 2-tier AC.
"I woke up to a loud thud and after alighting I saw two of the coaches on top of the engine and the wheels of the coaches broken apart," he said.
The BJP MLA expressed grief over the death ofa number poor labourers from Gadag, Koppal and Bellary who were travelling in the train.
At least 25 people including five members of a family from Bellary were killed and 43 injured when Bangalore-bound Hampi Express collided with a goods train at Penukonda Railway Station here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know