Karnataka MLA among lucky passengers
Penukonda (Andhra Pradesh): Karnataka MLA Amaregowda Bayyapura was among the lucky passengers of the ill-fated Hampi Express as he escaped unhurt when it collided with a goods train throwing three coaches ahead of their AC bogie off the rails and claiming 25 lives.
Bayyapura, who represents Kushtagi in Raichur district, said he was lucky to be alive as he was travelling in the fourth coach, 2-tier AC.
"I woke up to a loud thud and after alighting I saw two of the coaches on top of the engine and the wheels of the coaches broken apart," he said.
The BJP MLA expressed grief over the death ofa number poor labourers from Gadag, Koppal and Bellary who were travelling in the train.
At least 25 people including five members of a family from Bellary were killed and 43 injured when Bangalore-bound Hampi Express collided with a goods train at Penukonda Railway Station here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27