Karnataka no stranger to sex scandals
Bangalore: Karnataka is no stranger to sex
scandals involving politicians, exemplified by the latest
porno episode in the assembly that has claimed the scalp of
The alleged escapades of former BJP ministers Haratal
Halappa and Renukacharya and now the assembly incident
involving ministers Laxman Savadi, C C Patil and Krishna
Palemar has put the BJP in a soup.
In 2010, former Karnataka Food and Civil Supplies Minister
Hartal Halappa and a close aide of former Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa resigned after a newspaper published an article
alleged he sexually assaulted his friend`s wife.
Venkateshmurthy, a Shimoga resident, reportedly recorded
visuals of Halappa attempting to rape his wife when he stayed
with the couple for the night on a visit to the district.
Halappa not only blamed the rival Reddy brothers led camp
but also pointed fingers at old mentor, late S Bangarappa.
When Congress raised a hue and cry over the scandal, state
party President K S Eshwarappa rebutted Opposition`s demands,
dragging in former Andhra Pradesh Governor N D Tiwari`s name.
Besides Halappa, there are some other Karnataka
politicians allegedly involved in unsavoury episodes.
One is Excise Minister M P Renukacharya, another close aide
of Yeddyurappa, who faced legal cases after nurse-turned-
entreprenuer L A Jayalakshmi charged him with issuing death
threats after papers splashed pictures of their intimate
Married with two children, Renukacharya had met her while
working in Bapuji Ayurvedic Medical College in Shimoga more
than a decade ago. They allegedly fell apart over business
However, Renukacharya was reinstated by Yeddyurappa.
Now Savadi, Patil and Palemar - all Yeddyurappa
loyalists, triggered a fresh controversy for allegedly
watching porno clippings on mobile phones during assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step