Karnataka on alert after threat to carry out blast
Bangalore: Railway police are on high alert in Karnataka in the wake of threats by suspected terror groups operating from Mysore to carry out blasts on some trains plying from here on the eve of Independence day, a top Railway official said.
"We have received intelligence inputs from Delhi. Some suspected terror groups in Mysore have threatened to carry out blasts on some trains. Our officers are on alert, especially in Mysore", DIG railways B Srikantappa told reporters here.
Srikantappa said tracks are being inspected along with the regional security commissioner.
"We have to be alert on the eve of August 15. As we will be busy with security that day, they (suspected terror groups) might exploit this opportunity", he said. Srikantappa said extra police force was being sent to Mysore.
Round the clock vigil is on at railway stations across the state, especially Bangalore and Mysore. Passengers are being thoroughly checked as also their luggage, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for six militants
- Pakistani court allows examination of boat used by 26/11 attack terrorists
- Russia says starts humanitarian operation in Syria's Aleppo
- No Chinese incursion along Uttarakhand, only transgression: Manohar Parrikar
- ‘Mirzya’ boy Harshvardhan Kapoor begins shooting 'Bhavesh Joshi'