Karnataka on alert after threat to carry out blast
Bangalore: Railway police are on high alert in Karnataka in the wake of threats by suspected terror groups operating from Mysore to carry out blasts on some trains plying from here on the eve of Independence day, a top Railway official said.
"We have received intelligence inputs from Delhi. Some suspected terror groups in Mysore have threatened to carry out blasts on some trains. Our officers are on alert, especially in Mysore", DIG railways B Srikantappa told reporters here.
Srikantappa said tracks are being inspected along with the regional security commissioner.
"We have to be alert on the eve of August 15. As we will be busy with security that day, they (suspected terror groups) might exploit this opportunity", he said. Srikantappa said extra police force was being sent to Mysore.
Round the clock vigil is on at railway stations across the state, especially Bangalore and Mysore. Passengers are being thoroughly checked as also their luggage, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Punjab Elementary Teacher Training examination results declared; Check educationrecruitmentboard.com
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he's `scared` of retirement