Karnataka on alert after threat to carry out blast
Bangalore: Railway police are on high alert in Karnataka in the wake of threats by suspected terror groups operating from Mysore to carry out blasts on some trains plying from here on the eve of Independence day, a top Railway official said.
"We have received intelligence inputs from Delhi. Some suspected terror groups in Mysore have threatened to carry out blasts on some trains. Our officers are on alert, especially in Mysore", DIG railways B Srikantappa told reporters here.
Srikantappa said tracks are being inspected along with the regional security commissioner.
"We have to be alert on the eve of August 15. As we will be busy with security that day, they (suspected terror groups) might exploit this opportunity", he said. Srikantappa said extra police force was being sent to Mysore.
Round the clock vigil is on at railway stations across the state, especially Bangalore and Mysore. Passengers are being thoroughly checked as also their luggage, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video