Karnataka: Pascal`s bail plea adjourned to Sept 10
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday adjourned to September 10 the bail petition filed by French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier,arrested on charges of raping his three-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das adjourned the hearing to Monday next after Mazurier`s wife Suja Jones filed an application before the court impleading herself as the second respondent in the case which was accepted.
Counsel for Mazurier S Mahesh wanted to file objections following which the court adjourned the matter.
Mazurier, Consular Attach to the Consulate General of France in Bangalore, had moved the High Court on August 7 seeking bail.
On August 21, when the matter came up before Justice V Jagannathan, he had adjourned the hearing asking the State to file its objections.
Suja Jones`s advocate Pramila Nesargi wanted to intervene in Mazurier`s bail hearing, but the defence lawyer had objected to it on the grounds that no petition has been filed by her.
Mazurier, in his petition, had pointed out that as per the report of the test conducted by the Forensic Sciences Laboratory (Bangalore), his DNA profile did not match with that of the child.
The Fast Track Court-I had on July 27 rejected his plea for bail while observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
Mazurier was arrested on June 19 after police booked him for raping his daughter based on a complaint filed by his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now