Karnataka police arrest three in Bangalore BJP office blast case
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: After seven months, The Karnataka police on Sunday claimed to have cracked the Bangalore BJP office blast case in which the target of the motorcycle blast here were the party people.
Speaking to reporters, police said, "Three people in the case have been arrested and will also be interrogated."
The blast had taken place on April 18, 2013, ahead of the Karnataka Assembly elections. The low-intensity bomb had exploded near the bustling BJP city office in a busy residential area injuring at least 16 people, including 11 policemen.
Reportedly, police forces and the special `Octopus commando team` raided a hideout and captured the accused after a 10 hour gunbattle.
Police officials have confirmed that the three men who have been arrested are Fakruddin, Panna Bismil and Bilal. Fakruddin is also believed to be involved in the murder of two political leaders in Tamil Nadu.
Meanwhile, the Andhra Pradesh police have also confirmed that apprehended Fakhruddin belongs to the Islamic Defence Force. A look-out notice for four other members of the same group was issued who are involved in several other illegal cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Wanted to make 'Sultan' only with Salman: Ali Abbas Zafar
- Watch: Behind-the-scenes 'Trip' of 'Udta Punjab' will make you more impatient for its release
- Separatist leaders in Kashmir join hands against colonies for Pandits
- Five reasons you should stop eating bread!
- Do you know who is Virat Kohli's first love? No, it's not Anushka Sharma!