Karnataka police arrest three in Bangalore BJP office blast case
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: After seven months, The Karnataka police on Sunday claimed to have cracked the Bangalore BJP office blast case in which the target of the motorcycle blast here were the party people.
Speaking to reporters, police said, "Three people in the case have been arrested and will also be interrogated."
The blast had taken place on April 18, 2013, ahead of the Karnataka Assembly elections. The low-intensity bomb had exploded near the bustling BJP city office in a busy residential area injuring at least 16 people, including 11 policemen.
Reportedly, police forces and the special `Octopus commando team` raided a hideout and captured the accused after a 10 hour gunbattle.
Police officials have confirmed that the three men who have been arrested are Fakruddin, Panna Bismil and Bilal. Fakruddin is also believed to be involved in the murder of two political leaders in Tamil Nadu.
Meanwhile, the Andhra Pradesh police have also confirmed that apprehended Fakhruddin belongs to the Islamic Defence Force. A look-out notice for four other members of the same group was issued who are involved in several other illegal cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what