Karnataka: Police custody of 14th terror suspect e
Bangalore: A local court on Monday extended till October 1, the police custody of one more terror suspect with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits who was arrested last month.
Dr Nayum Siddique was produced before the First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi and his police custody was extended, a city crime branch statement said.
City Crime Branch sleuths had arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city, on August 29 uncovering the suspected terror module run by them.
Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
On September 13, the police custody of 11 other terror suspects was extended to September 27 and that of two others to the same date two days later.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
The handlers of these suspects are from Saudi Arabia, according to investigators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price