Karnataka: Police custody of 14th terror suspect e
Bangalore: A local court on Monday extended till October 1, the police custody of one more terror suspect with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits who was arrested last month.
Dr Nayum Siddique was produced before the First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi and his police custody was extended, a city crime branch statement said.
City Crime Branch sleuths had arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city, on August 29 uncovering the suspected terror module run by them.
Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
On September 13, the police custody of 11 other terror suspects was extended to September 27 and that of two others to the same date two days later.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
The handlers of these suspects are from Saudi Arabia, according to investigators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'