Karnataka: Police open fire at Naxals
Mangalore: Anti-Naxal police on Sunday fired at a group of ultras at Palligadde in Dakshina Kannada district but they managed to escape, police said.
The police team was maintaining vigil on an information that a group of Naxals visited some houses in the village on August 30 and August 31, a fact confirmed by locals.
When police spotted the Naxals, they opened fire, but the outlaws managed to escape, police said.
It was not known whether any Naxal was injured or whether they returned the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- South Africa`s Zuma to hear if 800 graft charges reinstated
- Summer special - Shahnaz Husain's tips for maintaining glowing skin
- This online wedding community helps you plan your marriage
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- TIRUN announces maiden voyage of world's largest cruise ship