Karnataka: Police open fire at Naxals
Mangalore: Anti-Naxal police on Sunday fired at a group of ultras at Palligadde in Dakshina Kannada district but they managed to escape, police said.
The police team was maintaining vigil on an information that a group of Naxals visited some houses in the village on August 30 and August 31, a fact confirmed by locals.
When police spotted the Naxals, they opened fire, but the outlaws managed to escape, police said.
It was not known whether any Naxal was injured or whether they returned the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'