Karnataka polls 2013: PM, Sonia, Rahul to campaign
Bangalore: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi will campaign in Karnataka for party candidates for the May 5 assembly polls, the state unit said Sunday.
Singh will campaign for a day while the mother-son duo will campaign for three days, state Congress president G Parameshwara told reporters here.
All three will address public rallies only in major towns, he said.
Sonia Gandhi will address rallies at Chikmagalur and Mangalore on April 26, at Gulbarga and Belgaum on April 30, and at Mysore on May 2, Parameshwara said.
Rahul Gandhi will campaign at Bellary, Raichur and Bijapur on April 23, at Kolar, Tumkur and Haveri on April 28, and in Mysore, Hassan and Shimoga on May 1.
Singh will address meetings at Hubli and Bangalore on April 29.
The Congress has released its first list of candidates for 177 constituencies of the 225-member assembly that includes one nominated member.
The second Congress list containing 47 names is likely to be released Monday.
Nominations for the poll close April 17. The vote count is slated for May 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah