Karnataka polls: JDS candidates list in 2nd week of April
Bangalore: Former prime minister HD Deve Gowda-led JDS on Sunday said the party would announce its list of candidates for the May 05 Karnataka Assembly Elections by the second week of next month.
"The JDS will announce its list of candidates for all 224 Assembly seats by April 10," State JDS president and Gowda`s son HD Kumaraswamy told reporters here.
On March 23, senior JDS leader Basavaraj Horrati had said the party would announce the list by March-end.
Kumaraswamy said the names of at least 170 candidates had been finalised and they were waiting for Gowda`s nod.
He dismissed reports that JDS was waiting for the Congress and BJP to announce their lists.
"There are a few issues with the selection of candidates, but it does not mean they cannot be resolved," he added.
Replying to yet another query, Kumaraswamy claimed former minister B Sreeramulu, who floated BSR Congress after breaking away from BJP, was keen on an alliance with JDS for the polls and talks had been held in this regard.
JDS was analysing pros and cons of the tie-up. "Sreeramulu, however, is keen on the tie up," he said.
Kumaraswamy claimed the Congress and BS Yeddyurappa`s Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) had reached a "secret understanding" on the polls, but denied JDS having any such clandestine tie up with any party in the state.
He alleged that BJP and Congress were conspiring against JDS to finish it off in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India