Karnataka polls: JDS candidates list in 2nd week of April
Bangalore: Former prime minister HD Deve Gowda-led JDS on Sunday said the party would announce its list of candidates for the May 05 Karnataka Assembly Elections by the second week of next month.
"The JDS will announce its list of candidates for all 224 Assembly seats by April 10," State JDS president and Gowda`s son HD Kumaraswamy told reporters here.
On March 23, senior JDS leader Basavaraj Horrati had said the party would announce the list by March-end.
Kumaraswamy said the names of at least 170 candidates had been finalised and they were waiting for Gowda`s nod.
He dismissed reports that JDS was waiting for the Congress and BJP to announce their lists.
"There are a few issues with the selection of candidates, but it does not mean they cannot be resolved," he added.
Replying to yet another query, Kumaraswamy claimed former minister B Sreeramulu, who floated BSR Congress after breaking away from BJP, was keen on an alliance with JDS for the polls and talks had been held in this regard.
JDS was analysing pros and cons of the tie-up. "Sreeramulu, however, is keen on the tie up," he said.
Kumaraswamy claimed the Congress and BS Yeddyurappa`s Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) had reached a "secret understanding" on the polls, but denied JDS having any such clandestine tie up with any party in the state.
He alleged that BJP and Congress were conspiring against JDS to finish it off in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic