Karnataka polls: JDS candidates list in 2nd week of April
Bangalore: Former prime minister HD Deve Gowda-led JDS on Sunday said the party would announce its list of candidates for the May 05 Karnataka Assembly Elections by the second week of next month.
"The JDS will announce its list of candidates for all 224 Assembly seats by April 10," State JDS president and Gowda`s son HD Kumaraswamy told reporters here.
On March 23, senior JDS leader Basavaraj Horrati had said the party would announce the list by March-end.
Kumaraswamy said the names of at least 170 candidates had been finalised and they were waiting for Gowda`s nod.
He dismissed reports that JDS was waiting for the Congress and BJP to announce their lists.
"There are a few issues with the selection of candidates, but it does not mean they cannot be resolved," he added.
Replying to yet another query, Kumaraswamy claimed former minister B Sreeramulu, who floated BSR Congress after breaking away from BJP, was keen on an alliance with JDS for the polls and talks had been held in this regard.
JDS was analysing pros and cons of the tie-up. "Sreeramulu, however, is keen on the tie up," he said.
Kumaraswamy claimed the Congress and BS Yeddyurappa`s Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) had reached a "secret understanding" on the polls, but denied JDS having any such clandestine tie up with any party in the state.
He alleged that BJP and Congress were conspiring against JDS to finish it off in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015