Karnataka porngate: Oppn demands govt` resignation
Bangalore: Opposition Congress in Karnataka
today demanded the resignation of Chief Minister D V Sadananda
Gowda-led BJP government on moral grounds in the wake of three
of its ministers being caught watching porn video clippings in
the state assembly.
"The BJP has several tainted ministers. There are people
facing corruption charges and also criminal charges. They have
no right to continue in power. Sadananda Gowda government
should resign immediately," Opposition Congress leader in the
state assembly, Siddaramaiah, told reporters here.
"It is better to go before the people and seek fresh
mandate," he demanded.
He said the Congress would move a resolution in the state
assembly seeking suspension of three BJP MLAs -- Laxman
Savadi, C C Patil and Krishna Palemar -- who resigned from the
ministry earlier today. They would also demand their
disqualification from assembly membership, he said.
The Congress members led by Motamma have demanded a debate
on the issue in the Upper House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Govt job! Intelligence Bureau invites application for 209 Security Assistant posts
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded fifth; PV Sindhu, K Srikanth get ninth seed
- Afghan officials report Taliban attacks in northern province
- Sachin Saga: Tendulkar set to appear in world of digital gaming
- I share a good rapport with team members: Anil Kumble