Karnataka porngate: Oppn demands govt` resignation
Bangalore: Opposition Congress in Karnataka
today demanded the resignation of Chief Minister D V Sadananda
Gowda-led BJP government on moral grounds in the wake of three
of its ministers being caught watching porn video clippings in
the state assembly.
"The BJP has several tainted ministers. There are people
facing corruption charges and also criminal charges. They have
no right to continue in power. Sadananda Gowda government
should resign immediately," Opposition Congress leader in the
state assembly, Siddaramaiah, told reporters here.
"It is better to go before the people and seek fresh
mandate," he demanded.
He said the Congress would move a resolution in the state
assembly seeking suspension of three BJP MLAs -- Laxman
Savadi, C C Patil and Krishna Palemar -- who resigned from the
ministry earlier today. They would also demand their
disqualification from assembly membership, he said.
The Congress members led by Motamma have demanded a debate
on the issue in the Upper House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death