Karnataka porngate: Oppn demands govt` resignation
Bangalore: Opposition Congress in Karnataka
today demanded the resignation of Chief Minister D V Sadananda
Gowda-led BJP government on moral grounds in the wake of three
of its ministers being caught watching porn video clippings in
the state assembly.
"The BJP has several tainted ministers. There are people
facing corruption charges and also criminal charges. They have
no right to continue in power. Sadananda Gowda government
should resign immediately," Opposition Congress leader in the
state assembly, Siddaramaiah, told reporters here.
"It is better to go before the people and seek fresh
mandate," he demanded.
He said the Congress would move a resolution in the state
assembly seeking suspension of three BJP MLAs -- Laxman
Savadi, C C Patil and Krishna Palemar -- who resigned from the
ministry earlier today. They would also demand their
disqualification from assembly membership, he said.
The Congress members led by Motamma have demanded a debate
on the issue in the Upper House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...