Karnataka SEC to approach HC
Bangalore: The State Election Commission in Karnataka Monday said it would soon approach the High Court seeking direction to the government to finalise list of Reservation of wards in local bodies and City Corporations to enable it to notify election dates.
SEC Commissioner C R Chikmath told reporters that on the basis of legal advice it has secured over the issue, the commission will file a plea in about two days.
Despite repeated correspondence the government has not furnished the SEC the list of reservation of wards in 209 local bodies and City Corporations-- Mysore, Gulbarga, Bellary, Mangalore, Hubli-Dharwad, Belgaum and Davanagere for which elections are to be held by December-January.
The Commission also sought the intervention of Governor H R Bhardwaj on the issue, he said.
Chikmath said the Commission has made all preparations for holding election but was unable to issue calender of events in the absence of reservation list.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!