Karnataka SEC to approach HC
Bangalore: The State Election Commission in Karnataka Monday said it would soon approach the High Court seeking direction to the government to finalise list of Reservation of wards in local bodies and City Corporations to enable it to notify election dates.
SEC Commissioner C R Chikmath told reporters that on the basis of legal advice it has secured over the issue, the commission will file a plea in about two days.
Despite repeated correspondence the government has not furnished the SEC the list of reservation of wards in 209 local bodies and City Corporations-- Mysore, Gulbarga, Bellary, Mangalore, Hubli-Dharwad, Belgaum and Davanagere for which elections are to be held by December-January.
The Commission also sought the intervention of Governor H R Bhardwaj on the issue, he said.
Chikmath said the Commission has made all preparations for holding election but was unable to issue calender of events in the absence of reservation list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday