Karnataka SEC to approach HC
Bangalore: The State Election Commission in Karnataka Monday said it would soon approach the High Court seeking direction to the government to finalise list of Reservation of wards in local bodies and City Corporations to enable it to notify election dates.
SEC Commissioner C R Chikmath told reporters that on the basis of legal advice it has secured over the issue, the commission will file a plea in about two days.
Despite repeated correspondence the government has not furnished the SEC the list of reservation of wards in 209 local bodies and City Corporations-- Mysore, Gulbarga, Bellary, Mangalore, Hubli-Dharwad, Belgaum and Davanagere for which elections are to be held by December-January.
The Commission also sought the intervention of Governor H R Bhardwaj on the issue, he said.
Chikmath said the Commission has made all preparations for holding election but was unable to issue calender of events in the absence of reservation list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'